The Division of Pediatric Cardiology at the Alberta Children’s Hospital is dedicated to serving the cardiac care needs of children and their families. We provide comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services for children with congenital and acquired heart problems.
We are also committed to excellence in patient care, teaching, and research.
Members of our division bring diverse educational backgrounds and professional interests to the table, leading to a progressive approach in education and clinical practice. We strive to provide comprehensive and compassionate family-centred care for all our patients.
Our team works collaboratively with other teams and programs within the hospital to provide cardiac care to children and adolescents including:
- Alberta Children’s Hospital is a 110-bed facility.
- Our cardiology clinic serves children from birth to 18 years of age, from communities across Southern Alberta and parts of Southern British Columbia and Saskatchewan. Our clinic also offers in-utero diagnosis and support, and provides outreach clinics to Medicine Hat, Lethbridge, and Morley.
- Eight pediatric cardiologists are included in a full complement of pediatric cardiology trained staff.
- Alberta Children’s Hospital has a Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU), Inpatient Unit (Unit 2), Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), and a follow up Outpatient Clinic for the Pediatric Cardiology Patients.
- Diagnostic and medical treatment services are provided, which include EP, CT/MRI, fetal imaging and cardiac catheterizations as well as an ECMO cannulation program.
- Outreach clinics are also provided in Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, and Morley.
- Outpatient Clinics
- Outreach Clinics
- Outreach Fetal Echos
- Fetal Echo / Cardiology
- Full Echo Service with 3D Echo
- Electrophysiology Service: Full EP and Ablation, Device Implantation – Pacemaker/CRT-D
- Cardiac Cath & Interventional Cath
- Heart Transplantation
- Adult Congenital Services
- MRI / CT Services