Children’s Heart Centre in Winnipeg is Manitoba’s only pediatric treatment, teaching, research, and health promotion facility. Our 210-bed hospital serves children from birth to 17 years of age, from communities around Manitoba, Northwestern Ontario, and parts of Saskatchewan and Nunavut.
The Children’s Heart Centre provides cardiac care and services to children and youth. We have approximately 5,600 clinic visits and 900 in-hospital referrals per year. We also perform about 120 heart catheterizations each year – both diagnostic and interventional – and 120 fetal echocardiograms annually. Approximately 150 children are sent out of province annually for procedures and surgery.
Our program works collaboratively with other teams and programs within the hospital, including:
- an 8 bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit that cares for acutely ill children
- an 18 bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- a 6 bed extended care unit
Our hospital provides consultant services with Dietitians, Pharmacy, Child Life, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, and RSV Program Nurse Clinician for both inpatients and outpatients.
We are very proud to have a Family Support Group – linked to our Youth Group and our Bereavement Group – which consists of families helping families.
- Health Sciences Centre Winnipeg is a 210-bed facility and services communities across Manitoba, Northwestern Ontario, and parts of Saskatchewan and Nunavut.
- Medical services are provided to children ages birth to seventeen years.
- Three pediatric cardiologists are included in a full complement of pediatric cardiology trained staff.
- There is a Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU), a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), a six-bed extended care unit, and a follow up outpatient clinic for the pediatric cardiology patients.
- Diagnostic and medical treatment services are provided, which include cardiac catheterizations, pediatric electrophysiology studies and ablations, pediatric pacemaker clinic, fetal cardiology, and cardiac transplant follow-up.